Excellent and exciting employment opportunities with RACHA.
Empowering Communities for Health (ECH) is a USAID funded project, managed and implemented by the Reproductive and Child Health Alliance (RACHA) of Cambodia. We are offering excellent employment opportunities for dedicated, hardworking, creative and committed professionals with requisite skills and knowledge in public health, local governance, community outreach and social accountability areas.
For more details on the job openings, please visit the RACHA website at: http://www.racha.org.kh; Candidates MUST submit a current resume with a cover letter with three references e-mail address to: RACHA Human Resources Office #160, Street 71, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, or e-mail to or drop your CV at our Head Quarter Office, Phnom Penh.
RACHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer with strict adherence to the Child Protection Principles.
Job Title: LOCAL GOVERNANCE CAPACITY BUILDING TECHNICAL TEAM LEADER (1 POSITION)
Location: Head Office, Phnom Penh
Application Deadline: 26-Jul-17
Pay Scale: A competitive benefits packages based on work history and year of services.
Job Summary: Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of budgeting, project management, and strategic planning. Must have the ability to travel to the field. Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Khmer and English have a minimum of eight years of job related experience, including three years of management experience.
Provide technical assistance and support to: Provincial Manager (PM), Operational District Manager (ODM) Local Government Capacity Building Field Officer (LGCBO) and District Governor, Commune Council on the development and follow-up of DIP and CIP with inclusion of budget to support VHSGs; and The Community Accountability Facilitator( CAF) on the Implementation of Social Accountability Framework ( I-SAF);
- Liaise with NCCD and partners who implement I-SAF. This will include facilitating meetings, forming committees, linking existing partners, liaising between partners and community;
- Assist RACHAs LGCBD and Advisors to increase health services coverage, and mobilize the community to sustain VERS;
- Strengthen the capacity of PM, ODM, LGCBO to build DG, CC and HCMC in management and monitor the VHSG system and client satisfaction;
- Develop the technical and management skills of the ODM, and LGCBO;
- Assist RACHA Provincial Manager to provide support and supervision to the community program officers ;
- Liaise with the CCWC and make sure it is involved with the program as required;
- Advocate to the CCWC for it to allocate funding for the VHSGs;
- Key person to keep all documents and reports, analyse reports from the field ( weekly, monthly, and semi - annual reports, and progress key information to the Chief of Party, COP through a summary report);
- Support the District Management Advisor with respect to planning meetings, also working on accountability, advising on budget management and budget allocations (important for this person to understand budgets);
- Encourage joint efforts with government administrative structures, relevant line ministries (e.g. NCDD, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Women Affaires, and Ministry of Rural Development), NGO partners and community to improve health status in the community through meetings, workshop, consultation and problem solving.
- Health background preferred
- Support the development of budgets;
- Facilitating role, social marketing skills, and Advocacy skills;
- Focus is on good governance;
- Knowledge of Social Accountability Framework and I-SAF;
- Experience in implementing pilot Community Score Card (CSC) process preferred;
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to travel to rural communities;
- Demonstrates ability to operate a computer (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, spread sheets and power point);
- Eight years experiences in a health field or relevant field (with experience in MoI, NCDD preferred);
- Three years of managerial experience line managing staff, representation of the organisation at meetings, in the community etc.
- Demonstrates experience and success in working with international organizations, government officials and NGOs;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Khmer and English;
- Frequent liaison inside and outside the organization, involving an exchange of reasonably complex operational, financial and technical information in both Khmer and English languages.