Reproductive and Child Health Alliance (RACHA) is implementing the Multi-Sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Project (MUSEFO) - Food Bank project, funded by GIZ, that expands and strengthen its community activities to ensure climate-smart improvements in the food security and livelihood conditions and improving food and nutritional status of vulnerable households to food insecurity and malnutrition, especially women of child-bearing age, and young children. RACHA offers job opportunities for those with the skills and abilities, hard-working, creative and highly committed and have knowledge in the fields of nutrition sensitive-hygiene and agriculture and related tasks. The project is implemented in the two provinces of Cambodia.
PROJECT SUMMARY: RACHA will:
- Set up a process for food banks initiatives in each commune in Kampong Thom and Kampot province
- Equip the startups with necessary processing tools (such as solar dryers, grainers, cooking facilities for chutneys, fermentation, and kefir)
- Support the startups in business plan and recipe development
- Conduct training on processing, marketing and on food safety and hygiene
- Assist the startups to receives certification from MOH
PROJECT TITLE: Multi-Sectoral Food Security and Nutrition (MUSEFO)- FOOD BANK
JOB TITLE:Short Term Expert on Post-Harvest and Agriculture Food Processing Technology (1 position)
CONTRACT TYPE: Service Contract
DUTY STATION: Kampong Thom and Kampot Provinces
REPORTING TO: Project Director and/or Team Leader
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- provide advice to the startups on technologies of processing of the products to be produced;
- in close coordination with the trainers from MoH, MoC, MISTI and other relevant institutions, designing training programs and modules on food processing and food safety;
- provide support to the provincial coordinators, community facilitators in organizing the training on food processing;
- study the relevant laws on food safety and certification, and provide advice to the project management team in securing certification from appropriate Ministries (e.g. MoH, MoC, MAFF, MISTI etc.) of the products produced by the 10 startups;
- assist the startups in securing the certification of the products they will produce;
- prepare, coordinate and facilitate the preparation of training plans related to food preparation, food safety and processing;
- perform other tasks that will be assigned to him/her.
The short-term expert will be working full time. He/she should have the following educational background and experience:
- Have Bachelor’s degree related to agriculture, food processing, agroindustry or related fields;
- 5 years in agriculture and rural, or economic development, food processing or agriculture products value adding, SME development, cooking, food engineering;
- 3 years of SME development, processing/added value, food engineering, cooking, fermentation (probiotic);
- Previous experience in rural Cambodia especially in the provinces of Kampot and Kampot Thom
The successful candidate should also essentially possess the following qualifications:
- Team skills
- Communication skills
- Socio-cultural competence
- Efficient, partner- and client-focused working methods
- Inter-disciplinary thinking.
For more details on the job openings, please visit the RACHA website at http://www.racha.org.kh and/or: https://web.facebook.com/rachacambodia. Candidates MUST submit a current resume with a cover letter with three references to: RACHA Office House #02, Street 500, Phsar Deumthkov, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, or e-mail to email@example.com and/or direct to Mr. Choun Satharidh at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact Number: +855 12 984 424.
RACHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer with strict adherence to the Child Protection Principles.