Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Expert (1 position)
Unit: M&E Unit
Location: HQO, Phnom Penh
Report To: Project Director and Technical Team Leader
The Reproductive and Child Health Alliance (RACHA) is seeking for an M&E Expert to work with its team on different projects and provides support to the M&E Team Leader in setting up the M&E system to fit with donor’s monitoring framework, ensures effective implementation of the overall M&E strategies, works closely with the technical team to implement the major program monitoring indicators and takes a lead role in conducting needed assessments and operational research activities. S/He supports all M&E needs and activities pertaining to the information requirements of RACHA. S/He provides support and coordinates across RACHA units in data collection and in ensuring data quality. S/He supervises the M&E databases as well as documents case studies and success stories and consolidates all reports required by donors and ensure with IT team leader that those documents are uploaded onto the RACHA website on a regular basis.
- Setting up the M&E system, ensures effective implementation of the overall monitoring and evaluation strategies and take a lead role in conducting needed evaluations and assessment activities;
- Assist Team Leader that work under other RACHA units in their need for project monitoring and evaluation including surveys, operational research and special studies, data spot check, and maintain the RACHA Central Reporting System (RCRS) and other RACHA database system. Assist in the planning and implementation of these activities using RACHA staff and short-term contractors;
- Prepare the calendar of M&E activities and develop a schedule/work plan for on-going and upcoming monitoring and assessment/surveys to assure that these activities are undertaken and completed within their timeline;
- Provide training, supervision, and overall direction to M&E and field staff. Develop their research skills and facilitate their involvement with other RACHA programs and activities where they have appropriate skills and interests;
- Design and conduct periodic assessment surveys in support of RACHA’s performance contracting program based on the indicators and targets specified in relevant project;
- Assure that the correct sub-groups of the population are selected in accordance with the nature of these indicators during the assessment period;
- Determine sample sizes and appropriate sampling frames to be used in the survey and develop questionnaires that correspond to the terms of the contract;
- Assure adequate preparation of interviewer staff prior to field work to clarify their understanding of the questions and how to communicate these questions consistently to the target respondents;
- Provide leadership and supervision to all aspects of survey fieldwork, beginning with the drawing of the sample to be interviewed and in conducting the survey. Coordinate activities through RACHA’s provincial offices and the appropriate local Ministry of Health offices;
- Assure data quality standard – completeness and accuracy of the questionnaires and develop codes for entering open-ended questions into the database. Coordinate with RACHA IT unit to develop database system for data entry including data extraction for data analysis;
- Assist the preparation of consolidated semi-annual progress reports for project including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation, and providing specific recommendations;
- Produce Infographics based from the result of the survey for ease in analysis and interpretation by the key stakeholders;
- Participate in the presentation of the achievement, assessment survey results with RACHA staff and stakeholders, explain how the survey was conducted, and whether targets were reached;
- Assist RACHA teams in their data requirements for the semi-annual report, annual report, or whenever data reporting is requested;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Knowledge and skills:
- Advanced University degree/IT, medical background, Masters in Public Health preferred;
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Abilities to travel to provinces including rural communities;
- Computer skills and experience in Access/SPSS data processing, using KoBo toolbox and/or others
- Minimum of five (5) years in overseas setting, with three (3) years focused in carrying out monitoring and evaluation functions in health or social services sector;
- Proficiency in designing and conducting health or social researches and strong research writing ability;
- Experience and skill in quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
- Fluency in English and Khmer including documentation of competency in both writing and speaking.
For more details on the job openings, please visit the RACHA website at: www.racha.org.kh; Candidates MUST submit a current resume with a cover letter with three references to: RACHA Office House #02, Street 500, Sangkat Phsar Doeum Thkov, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, or e-mail to email@example.com and/or direct to Mr. Choun Satharidh at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact Number: 855-12 984 424.
RACHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
RACHA strict adherence to the Child Protection Principles and the PSEA Policy.
Qualified female professionals are highly encouraged to apply.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THESE POSITIONS WILL BE August 25, 2023