Reproductive and Child Health Alliance (RACHA) is implementing the Multi-Sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Project (MUSEFO) - Food Bank project, funded by GIZ, that expands and strengthen its community activities to ensure climate-smart improvements in the food security and livelihood conditions and improving food and nutritional status of vulnerable households to food insecurity and malnutrition, especially women of child-bearing age, and young children. RACHA offers job opportunities for those with the skills and abilities, hard-working, creative and highly committed and have knowledge in the fields of nutrition sensitive-hygiene and agriculture and related tasks. The project is implemented in the two provinces of Cambodia.
PROJECT SUMMARY: RACHA will:
- Set up a process for food banks initiatives in each commune in Kampong Thom and Kampot province
- Equip the startups with necessary processing tools (such as solar dryers, grainers, cooking facilities for chutneys, fermentation, and kefir)
- Support the startups in business plan and recipe development
- Conduct training on processing, marketing and on food safety and hygiene
- Assist the startups to receives certification from MOH
PROJECT TITLE: Multi-Sectoral Food Security and Nutrition (MUSEFO)- FOOD BANK
JOB TITLE:SHORT TERM EXPERT ON AGRICULTURE VALUE CHAIN (1 POSITION)
CONTRACT TYPE: Service Contract
DUTY STATION: Kampong Thom and Kampot Provinces
REPORTING TO: Project Director and/or Team Leader
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- lead the assessment of the situation of the agricultural resources in selected sites where the startups are located and identify abundant agricultural products that will be given priority for processing by the startups;
- organize the farmers and the startups to a supply chain;
- in close coordination with the social enterprise expert, assess the suitable enterprise in the target area appropriate for the startups;
- support the provincial coordinators, community facilitators, and startups in linking with the famer suppliers;
- provide guidance to the Provincial Coordinators and the Community Facilitators in sourcing raw materials that are abundant, generating high volume of wastes and cheap, that can be processed by the startups to high value products;
- provide advice to the Project Management Team on how to increase the efficiency of supply chain of these raw materials or agricultural products; and
- perform other tasks that will be assigned to him/her.
The short-term expert will be working full time. He/she should have the following educational background and experience:
- Have Bachelor’s degree related to agriculture;
- At least 5 years in agriculture and rural and/or economic development, SME development, marketing;
- At least 3 years of SME development, start-up establishment, or business development;
- Have previous experience in rural Cambodia especially in the provinces of Kampot and Kampot Thom.
The successful candidate should also essentially possess the following qualifications:
- Team skills
- Communication skills
- Socio-cultural competence
- Efficient, partner- and client-focused working methods
- Inter-disciplinary thinking.
For more details on the job openings, please visit the RACHA website at http://www.racha.org.kh and/or: https://web.facebook.com/rachacambodia. Candidates MUST submit a current resume with a cover letter with three references to: RACHA Office House #02, Street 500, Phsar Deumthkov, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, or e-mail to email@example.com and/or direct to Mr. Choun Satharidh at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact Number: +855 12 984 424.
RACHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer with strict adherence to the Child Protection Principles.